Friday, October 10, 2014

The Lady of Halloween



Here is a spirit of Halloween, a human manifestation of the season: A black robed woman, on the back of a midnight black horse, holds aloft a lantern in a forest rich in the yellow, orange, and red leaves of fall. Her face is half concealed behind a dark hood, yet you can still see that the gazes directly back at you, the viewer. The dark steed looks directly at you as well, steam blowing from it's nostrils, a much angrier visage than that of its peaceful rider.

This is my Halloween themed work for 2014. While I create a lot of autumn themed works because I like the color of fall foliage, I rarely create a work that is specifically for Halloween itself. However, I wanted to make a new artwork this year to submit to various Halloween themed contests and discussions and such.

Thanks for looking!
Daniel Eskridge

No comments:

Post a Comment